River rafting is a very engaging and exciting adventure sport. If you want to take a break from your mundane life river rafting is the perfect activity for you. The adventure seeking enthusiasts claim river rafting to be best way to unwind and break your inhibitions. This activity can be enjoyed even if you do not have the knowledge of swimming or any prior rafting experience. You need to undergo a safety training or briefing from professional experts before starting your expedition. If you follow the rules and instructions, river rafting can turn out to be a real fun and life changing experience. While you are enjoying your holidays in Rishikesh, you must keep these words of caution in mind in order to have a safe adventure trip-
IMPORTANT RIVER RAFTING TIPS
- River rafting requires you to squat down in your raft. You mainly need to have power in your upper arm and shoulder.
- River rafting season is practiced during summers and the proper gears to bring along you are wetsuit, lifejacket, nylon shorts, sports shoes and head gear. And for the autumn and spring season you need to carry semi warm clothes.
- Do not forget to keep dry bags handy to keep your personal belongings. You should strictly avoid bringing your wallet, car keys and mobile phones to rafting expeditions.
- To avoid sunburn due to exposure to sunlight you should bring along a good quality sunscreen and a pair of sunglasses. You should also not forget to bring a camera with you to capture the amazing moments.
- You should wear dress in layers. Woolen and polyester clothing will keep you warm through the adventure.
- You need to keep a kit of medicine for emergency purpose. This may include inhalers, anti-septic lotions and insulin and band aids.
- Practice makes man perfect. The more you take part in rafting the more you will you will learn about the sport. In this way you can go for difficult grades of rafting.
- If you want to thoroughly enjoy the adventure activity without having to fume and fight the difficulties, you must enroll yourself in a short duration rafting course. By investing few hours of your time can help you transform into a skilled rafter.
THINGS TO CARRY WITH YOU
You need to pack as light as possible, so that excess weight won’t pull you back. These things are a must to carry:
- First aid, medicine.
- If you have medical condition then prescribed medicine.
- Cellphone & charger.
- Comfortable shoes.
- T-shirt, shorts, floaters etc.